Pet dental month special offer
Save £50 on all dental treatment booked in March
Every March, vets in Hexham, vets in Stocksfield and around the North East are encouraged to promote dental health. An often overlooked aspect of a pet’s wellbeing but sadly quite a common reason for a trip to the vets is dental issues. During your pet’s booster examination our veterinary surgeons will check dental health and make observations and advise where they feel investigation may be needed. However, a lot can happen in 12 months from chipped teeth to plaque build up. We would recommend 2 health checks a year (check out our health plan which gives you just that!) so that we can have a regular check of your pet’s general health, but also their teeth.
We are a nation of pet lovers, but none of us like bad pet breath! Unfortunately, dental disease is a very common problem in pet pets, mostly due to a lack of tooth brushing and:
- Age – dental disease is common in older dogs due to wear and tear.
- Diet – a poor diet makes dental disease more likely.
- Injury – Toys are great, but sometimes they can chip teeth, which can lead to painful complications.
- Retained baby teeth – If baby teeth don’t fall out, dental problems are more likely due to an overcrowded mouth. We might recommend removing these baby teeth under anaesthetic if they are causing a problem.
Some of the most common dental problems that affect dogs are:
- Plaque and tartar build up
- A tooth root abscess
- Cracked or broken teeth
Symptoms of dental disease in dogs include:
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Pain or difficulty eating i.e. chewing on one side of the mouth
- Weight loss
- Plaque and tartar
- Red, inflamed, bleeding gums
- Wobbly, missing or broken teeth
- Excessive drooling
- Preferring soft food to biscuits
- A swelling on the face (can indicate a tooth root abscess)
- Pawing at/rubbing the mouth/face
- Blood stained saliva
Left untreated, these issues can become much more complicated problems. It is even possible to lead to fatal illnesses in extreme cases, which is why at least one health check per year is advisable.
Orchard House Vets dental
Orchard House Vets in Hexham, Stocksfield and Bellingham have dental radiography on-site and experienced veterinary surgeons who will oversee your pet’s dental health. We are a vets based in the North East and have served the North East, Tynedale and Northumberland for 25 years and in that time we have cared for thousands of pets and have thousands of hours worth of dental surgery experience. Our friendly team are just a phone call away for more advice, or if you would like to book an appointment for a dental health check then please click here.
How to redeem this offer
No 100 digit code is needed, just simply mention our offer to us and we will do the rest! You must be registered to our practice and we must see your pet before any dental treatment. Referrals are more than welcome but we will need to request history from your registered vet.
Terms and conditions
Valid on bookings made in March 2023 only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied to consultations or different treatment. Dental operations only. Cannot be applied where pet insurance is used against treatment. In this event, a £50 credit will be put against your account for use against consultations or other treatment. £50 only. Cannot be used as a monetary value or transferred. We reserve the right to end this promotion at any time but warning will be given and bookings already made will be honoured.