Terms And Conditions Of Business
Thank you for entrusting the care and attention of your pet to Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd.
This document sets out the terms of the contract between us (Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd) and you (the registered owner or keeper of the animal requiring veterinary services). This contract applies when you register an animal with us or when you ask us to provide veterinary services. These Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties, supersede any previous agreement or understanding and may not be varied except in writing between us. All other terms, express or implied by statute or otherwise, are excluded.
Hexham: 48 Priestpopple, Hexham, Northumberland NE46 1PQ Tel: 01434 607677
Monday-Friday: 0830-1800; Saturday: 0900-1300; Sunday: Emergencies only; Bank Holidays: Emergencies only.
Operations all weekdays and emergencies at the weekends.
Stocksfield: Station Yard, Main Road, Stocksfield, Northumberland NE43 7NJ Tel: 01661 843259
Monday-Friday: 0830-1800 (closed for lunch 1pm-2pm); Saturday: Hexham surgery 9am – 1pm. Sunday and Bank Holidays: Emergencies only.
Operations All weekdays and emergencies at the weekends.
Bellingham: The Old Police Station, Fountain View, Bellingham NE48 2BS Tel: 01434 220330
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 0830-1800 (closed for lunch 1pm-2pm) Saturday: Hexham surgery 9am – 1pm, Sunday and Bank Holidays: Emergencies only.
Operations Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Methods Of Payment
Inability To Pay
Estimates Of Treatment Costs
We will happily provide a written estimate as to the probable costs of a course of treatment. Please bear in mind that any estimate given can only be approximate – a pet’s illness may not follow a conventional course.
Referrals And Second Opinions
We are happy to accept patients to offer a second opinion, we will always request full clinical history for the patient ahead of the appointment. We offer referrals as appropriate to both the patient and client need.
Pet Health Insurance
Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd strongly supports the principle of insuring your pet against unexpected illness or accidents. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to settle your account and then reclaim the fees from your insurance company. We are not obliged to offer a direct claim, they are only processed with the authorisation from the Practice Manager and are not available with all providers. Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance provider. We do not have a contract with the insurance company and they cannot stipulate how our accounts are settled.
Out Of Hours Procedure
In the event of an emergency outside of normal working hours, Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd provides an emergency service. To access the service, telephone the usual surgery number. Your call will be answered by an answering service and your contact details passed on to the duty vet. If an out of hours consultation is required, it will be at one of our own surgeries. Fees charged for out of hours care are higher than routine procedures, they are listed on our website and can be provided upon request when you call.
Complaints And Standards
We aim to provide high quality veterinary services to you and your pet. We welcome any comments on our service and the opportunity to use your feedback to improve our services. If you feel that the services you have received have not met the high standards that you expect from a modern veterinary practice then please let contact our Practice Manager, Angela Upshon.
Ownership Of Records
Case records including radiographs and similar documents are the property of Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd and will be retained by Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd. We do not share client or pet information with any third parties, with the exception of:
- Insurance companies – We will share the client and pet information that we hold on file along with a full clinical history as requested by the insurance company, where written permission is granted by the client in the form of a signed insurance form.
- Veterinary surgeons taking over the case – in the case of emergency these will be given without consent to avoid delay in treatment, however in non-emergency situations, verbal consent will be obtained from the client for history requests and referrals.
- Microchip companies – we will share client and pet information to register microchips sold at Orchard House Veterinary Centres Ltd.
- Minimal pet and client information is shared with IDEXX for laboratory services and the Pet Crematorium for pet identification purposes only. Anonymous information is shared with SAVSNET for educational research by the University of Liverpool.
We will treat you and your pet with courtesy and respect, we do not tolerate any kind of abusive behaviour towards our staff.
Why Choose Orchard House Vets?
- 20 minute appointments Mon-Fri as standard
- Saturday appointments in Hexham
- 24/7 care – always our own vets, in our own surgeries
- Well Pet Club – because prevention is better than cure
- Dedicated to small animal
- Family run and community focussed