12 Day(ngers) of Christmas – Day 6

Dog

On the 6th day of Christmas, my owner accidentally gave to me … 

Leftovers 

If there is any food left over at Christmas, be careful to dispose of it well and keep it out of the reach of your four-legged friend. Not only may the food include ingredients toxic to dogs, mould in leftovers (including yoghurt, bread and cheese) can produce toxins that cause rapid onset convulsions in dogs.

 

Cat

On the 6th day of Christmas, my owner accidentally gave to me… 

Mistletoe

The plant of love, Mistletoe, is as big a part of Christmas as Santa, but did you know it’s also a vicious parasite that maintains its green colour by sucking nutrients out of trees? On top of that it is highly toxic to cats and dogs and, if eaten, can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, laboured breathing, shock, and even death from cardiovascular collapse.

 

Rabbit

On the 6th day of Christmas, my owner accidentally gave to me… 

Salty snacks

Salty snacks are especially dangerous and if a rabbit ingests too much salt then there could be fatal consequences.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply